Archiwa tagu: Rudno

Zamek Tenczyn / Tenczyn Castle

Zamek Tenczyn to ruiny zamku leżącego na Jurze Krakowsko-Częstochowskiej, wybudowanego w systemie tzw. Orlich Gniazd, we wsi Rudno w województwie małopolskim, w powiecie krakowskim, w odległości 24 km na zachód od Krakowa. Ruiny zamku stoją na dawnym stożku wulkanicznym, będącym najwyższym wzniesieniem Garbu Tenczyńskiego (Góra Zamkowa 398/401 m n.p.m.). Został zbudowany jako siedziba rodziny Tęczyńskich. Zniszczony podczas potopu w połowie XVII wieku. Następnie odbudowany, po pożarze w połowie XVIII wieku ponownie popadł w ruinę i do dziś pozostaje w tym stanie.

The Tenczyn Castle, otherwise known as the Tęczyn Castle, is a medieval castle in the Polish Jura, in the village of Rudno, Poland. It was built as a seat of the powerful Tęczyński family. The castle fell into ruin during the Deluge in mid-17th century, after being pillaged and burned by Swedish-Brandenburgian forces looking for the Polish Crown Jewels and rumored treasures of the Tęczyński family. Subsequently, rebuilt, after a fire in the mid-18th century it again fell into disrepair and remains in that state to this day. Castle stands on rocks which are remnants of Permian lava stream, constituting the highest hill of Garb Tenczyński (Castle Hill 411 m above the sea level).

MM

Castle Tenczyn in Rudno…Zamek Tenczyn w Rudnie

Tenczyn Castle is one of the most magnificent castles in the vicinity of Cracow, built on the „Castle Hill” which was also a former volcano. The first mention of the castle dates back to 1308. In the sixteenth century there were  such personalities as Jan Kochanowski or Mikolaj Rej from Nagłowice.

There is a legend about the tallest tower in the castle called the „Tower Nawojowa”. Legend says that during the full moon on the „Tower Nawojowa” you can see the figure of a woman crying in flames, you can also hear a jingling of iron. This character leaves when a bell in the surrounding monastery rings.

Ruins of the Castle are open to visitors from spring to autumn.

Zamek Tenczyn jest jednym z najznakomitszych zamków w okolicy Krakowa,zbudowany na „Górze Zamkowej” będącej także dawnym wulkanem.Pierwsze w zmianki o zamku datowane są ma 1308 rok.W XVI wieku bywały tam takie osobistości jak Jan Kochanowski czy Mikołaj Rej z Nagłowic.

Krąży legenda na temat najwyższej wieży w zamku zwanej”Wieża Nawojowa”. Legenda głosi,że podczas pełni księżyca na „Wieży Nawojowej” można zobaczyć postać płaczącej kobiety w płomieniach, można też usłyszeć brzdęk żelastwa.Podobno postać znika gdy zabrzmią dzwony w pobliskim klasztorze.

Ruiny zamku są otwarte dla odwiedzających od wiosny do jesieni.

JT.